This is in the sense of rdfs:subPropertyOf:
- If property P is a subproperty of property P', then all pairs of resources which are related by P are also related by P'.
It means that a query for pages with the property should also return pages that have the subproperty. For example, querying for the property "spouse" should also find pages with the properties "wife" and "husband", if those properties have the special property [[subproperty of::Property:spouse]]
- A property's page does not show its subproperties.
- If no pages (or very few pages) in the wiki use a property, then even if lots of pages use its subproperties:
- The property's page will list no (or few) pages under "Pages using the property"
- The property won't appear in Special:Properties (or will appear with a caution This property is hardly used within the wiki!).