Minutes:February 13, 2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Minutes:February 13, 2008|
|Date||February 13, 2008|
|To Edit||Click Here|
- Insurance Report
- Voted yes on $2250 insurance policy for 3-6 mil (no operators insurance, recommended by insurance agent)
- Key report. Everyone paid $20 for their keys
- Membership timeline
- Next week, if core members have friends they want to invite, we go into private beta
- Those people have to have some sort of kung fu (not necc tech/hardware), willing to share, can't be creepy to girls
- Once those people are in, we chill out for 1-2 months or so, then open it up to letting them invite people in
- At that point, core members slide back into being normal members
- invite discussion going out via email
- Have to live in NYC
- Members in absentia
- Jens is like this, he's really excited for us
- If people want to support us and give advice, that's cool
- Category for patron members?
- Case by case basis
- Bring friends you want to invite next week!
- Furniture move in report
- Zack has a van full, moving in saturday at noon
- Party after?
- Treasurer report
- We have 2,300, more coming from clipmarks this month
- Wiki Report - The wiki is awesome. New form for meeting minutes is great, logo at top left
- Curtain report
- Diana has bolts of fabric, but it has to get here, and she has to sneak it out
- Need to think about the curtain track. Lets just start with the one curtain dividing the big space into 2 at the elbow.
- Raphael is bringing a whiteboard
- Eric brought some junky black fabric, helps with noise
- IRC report
- quick demo. we're #NYCResistor on irc.freenode.net
- you can get an account on chat.nycresistor.com
- IM george to get set up
- Raphael put up a big list of classes on the wiki
- Raphael will organize classes to fill in gaps and work out redundancies, and scheduling, etc
- Please don't edit Raphael's section or anyone else's section
- Just write proposals like he did, in your own section
- General behavior rules around classes
- the other person that's allowed to interact with the class is the teacher, it can break flow, so PLEASE don't chime in
- If you're the teacher, don't be late. Be there an hour ahead.
- Price per class per student-hour set at $25
- Split is 50/50 teacher space
- Lab fee should be added on on top of that
- Standard cut for a teacher is $20 an hour, our cut is GREAT compared to that!
- Space layout
- Raphael showed his sketchup space layout, we all generally liked it, but had to rework the loft a bit, by lowering the righthand side to fit a human on the top.
- Bring in quotes, we'll vote. Do we need static IPs?
- Upstairs neighbors?
- Possibly 9th floor neighbors! :) Fun!