Laser Cleaning Day 2009
From NYC Resistor Wiki
What has been done
- The new lens needs to be ordered! -- Done, received(agm)
- The new lens needs to be installed! -- Done (agm,scribel)
- Laser needs to be disconnected and cleaned out (agm)
- X rails need cleaning and greasing (agm)
- X optical encoder needs cleaning (agm)
- Mirrors need to be checked! -- look OK. (agm)
- Electricity should be run through conduits and holes in the wall, not wires hanging out the window! -- Done, orange power cords all labeled. (max, bre, agm)
- The output filter needs a teardown! (agm)
- The filter stack needs to be examined! (agm)
- Order parts for filter electrical socket replacement: (agm) (status-- ordered, will ship tues.)
- Socket (IEC 320-C14), Digikey
What is in progress
- Vector grid maintenance needs to be determined! (liz)
- Better signage needs to happen! (liz, max, bre)
- Cord (NEMA 5-15 Type B to IEC 320-C13) Digikey
What needs to be done
- We need to get brushes for cleaning the inside bits of the laser! (agm: we have toothbrushes. who wants to do the dirty work?)
- We need to get lens cleaning solution!
- The compressor filter needs to be cleaned thoroughly!
- The compressor needs a teardown! (We have a maintenance manual now!)
- The holes in the bottom of the output filter need to be sealed!
- The tubing needs to be replaced! (max may take this task, as time permits.)
- A boost fan needs to be added to handle the extra tube length!
- Certification classes need to happen!
- Consolidate to one computer
Procedures for the Future
- Lens will be cleaned once a week to avoid wear and tear. Lens cleaning will only be performed by Certified Laser Lens Cleaning Technicians In Matching Jumpsuits.
- If lens is especially nasty or cloudy, a Certified Laser Lens Cleaning Technician In Matching Jumpsuit may be contacted to do a cleaning.
- You will always remove debris from the tray after using the laser.
- You will always wipe down the rulers after using the laser.
- You will always wipe down the inside of the tray after using the laser.
- If the glass cover is foggy, you will clean the glass cover after using the laser.
- You will check the state of the first stage filter before using the laser.
- Thou shalt never put the grid-- especially the good one-- face down on an uneven surface.