Brother Embroidery Machine
We have a Brother SE-400 Embroidery & Sewing Machine.
It is stored with the other sewing machines, underneath the table near the elevator. The manual, foot pedal, and power cord are stored alongside it in a clear Ziploc bag.
Some notes about using the embroidery functions:
- You can use the machine's basic functionality straight from the touchscreen display. It can embroider text, frames, and some preset images, as well as utility stitches like buttonholes.
- You can also load your own embroidery files onto the machine. We haven't experimented a lot with this yet.
- It comes with several hoops; check the Ziploc bag with associated notions for the other hoops. Hoop sizes TBD (add them here once you measure them!).
Things to keep in mind:
- A sharp needle is essential. If you're starting a large project, change the needle.
- NEVER use a ballpoint needle with the machine.
- NEVER use regular sewing thread with the machine. ALWAYS use special embroidery thread. You may want to bring your own embroidery thread; we don't have a large supply.
Consider using Inkstitch (https://inkstitch.org/), available for Windows and Linux.
Embroidery software is complicated! Let us know if you have recommendations.